PS5?

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snagged a preorder from BB but can't get any of the restocks for my nephew.

Same for any GPU.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I agree with everyone here. I tried the day or release and wasn't able to secure one as soon as they announced they were available. I guess the good news is that there's reports some of the new consoles are having issues. This is a known thing the first gen Xbox 360s and first gen PS4s all had issues. I feel like it's almost a blessing that I didn't get one yet and I'll wait a little bit longer. I have a killer PC gaming rig so I can totally be held over until Sony can't get their stock back in order. The most ironic part of all this is is before cyberpunk 2077 comes out I wanted to upgrade to one of the brand new GPUs for PC. And guess what... same deal tons of hype, super low stock, and scalpers got everything.

If you're a programmer and want to make a ton of money right now I have a feeling if there was a way to come out with type of anti-scalping plug-in for major retailer websites you'd be a millionaire.
Good- I too have heard that the early units are Overheating . Not sure if you heard the same

U

User1

View Badges
I dont know if im being thick but alot of people on this thread keep mentioning 'bots' can somebody tell me what you mean by bots please.

No, not at all. As noted earlier people run automated bots that do nothing but hit links 24 x 7 at a low interval to add to carts and check out. They are light enough to not hammer the retail vendor portal or be noticeable but they run non stop and have an incredible unfair advantage.

It can be as simple as a selenium automated script or Linux, powershell, .net, java or other exec's.

U

User1

View Badges
Good- I too have heard that the early units are Overheating . Not sure if you heard the same

I've read this in a few places as well. Please note that it is second hand as I do not own one but I've heard this happening. The two places I read it they both had theirs in an enclosed cabinet. At least that was the discussion the lads and lasses are having to try and narrow it down as a few did not have the issue.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read this in a few places as well. Please note that it is second hand as I do not own one but I've heard this happening. The two places I read it they both had theirs in an enclosed cabinet. At least that was the discussion the lads and lasses are having to try and narrow it down as a few did not have the issue.
I actually have had this issue with my PS4 in an enclosed cabinet. They put off an incredible amount of heat. I always have to play with the cabinet doors open.

termalene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Luckily no problems with mine so far but I can kinda agree with the sentiment that it might not be such a bad thing to have to wait a few months. I've heard more about bricking than over heating.

There really isn't a must play game atm. In fact, instead of Demon's Souls or Spiderman, I've been mainly playing Ghosts of Tsushima that is on sale right now. lol.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t noticed streamers having issues with the PS5 or anything excessive. There will always be bad units and such.

The overheating issues I saw posted were because it wasn’t properly ventilated. I know they released a bug fix already for some software glitches too.

It’s never money savvy to be the first to buy anything as there will clearly eventually be a price drop or bundles with free items or a pro version and special editions and so on and increased stability.

I always traditionally wait for a price drop or a special edition and such but this year is the year of the COVID and my husband has a few months left of freedom before he graduates and enjoys a heavy workload where he won’t have time to play games so this year we are jumping on it at release.

If you have time to wait... I say wait. I personally always love the special editions which not only look cool but tend to hold their value better.

Last edited:

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got close on a walmart drop. I entered payment & shipping info way ahead of time and was ready to go. I got one in my cart, started the checkout process, everything was going great till they asked me to confirm the CVV on my credit card. I ran to grab my wallet, get the card, type in the CVV but I wasted nearly a minute and missed out.

I was so mad! I’d recently replaced the CC (number got stolen) so I hadn’t memorized the CVV yet. Sigh. I guess I’ll just wait.

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got lucky on the initial pre order. Best Buy’s website crashed from all the people trying to purchase them. I tried for hours, went to bed, woke up in the morning and tried again and managed to snag one. The ironic thing is I broke my OLED tv in March ;Blackeye and haven’t replaced it yet. It does hold the accessories up nicely though! Performs well so far!;Hilarious:cool:
DA624502-56F2-46D5-A95D-330ED4523ACF.jpeg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meijer has a que of like 120k people and it’s pick up only and a northern thing... people have been driving to other states to get it lol

One guy posted he’s been in line at Game Stop for 4 days. I would never do that lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Meijer has a que of like 120k people and it’s pick up only and a northern thing... people have been driving to other states to get it lol

One guy posted he’s been in line at Game Stop for 4 days. I would never do that lol

350k :)

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah I had my 14 year old daughter stay up until midnight to try and grab one of these.......I woke up to the site still open with 4000+ people still ahead of me. They probably had 12 PS5s lol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back