PS5?

U

User1

View Badges
Anybody able to get their hands on a PS5 yet that wasn't a preorder? It is like the Trident all over again :-(

Lol. It will be worse as will be the case with the other console manufacture. Pre-order was your best bet. Setting up alerts is the only option now and hope you beat the bots and automated scripts who are gouging.

I'm been trying to see why I would even want to upgrade from my current 4 to the 5 and see no reason really. Nothing exclusive that I'm interested in. The only reason I can possibly think of is for the 4k blu ray player. Even that isn't critical because I use makemkv to backup my discs then play via Plex and Shield Pro.

I'm sure you have but if not set in-stock alerts. Also if you know any vets or active mil see if they can scour the BX.

walloutlet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody able to get their hands on a PS5 yet that wasn't a preorder? It is like the Trident all over again :-(

Hahaha, we tried last night. Nothing but 'Out of Stock' everywhere online. Had all the big retailers up on screen, no luck even by refreshing right at 9pm.

Twitter rants were hilarious to read afterwards!

Jib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, I tried to pre-order but couldn’t beat the bots.
Trying to use eBay prices as a gauge of supply / demand. Still over $1000 so I think it will be some time before you can find them in the wild. trying to order online as inventory refreshes.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately there are companies using bots to snipe up all online sales and then resell them for profit.

Its happiness in the UK more but its just sad. But its how the world works now.

I wish all those luck in finding one this holiday season but it seems its getting harder to do.

We could not secure one online even for pre-order....so of course I sat in a line, silly honestly hahaha

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. It will be worse as will be the case with the other console manufacture. Pre-order was your best bet. Setting up alerts is the only option now and hope you beat the bots and automated scripts who are gouging.

I'm been trying to see why I would even want to upgrade from my current 4 to the 5 and see no reason really. Nothing exclusive that I'm interested in. The only reason I can possibly think of is for the 4k blu ray player. Even that isn't critical because I use makemkv to backup my discs then play via Plex and Shield Pro.

I'm sure you have but if not set in-stock alerts. Also if you know any vets or active mil see if they can scour the BX.
I want to upgrade mainly for, what looks to be, a huge improvement in graphics and load times. I am a huge Souls fan so I have already bought Demon Souls which looks amazing. On top of that, it plays PS4 games.....if it didn't, I probably wouldn't upgrade right away. Funny thing is I already picked up an extra controller, Demon Souls, and the PS VR adapter cable.....probably won't have the PS5 for another 6 months to a year lol.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, we tried last night. Nothing but 'Out of Stock' everywhere online. Had all the big retailers up on screen, no luck even by refreshing right at 9pm.

Twitter rants were hilarious to read afterwards!
I assume you are talking about Walmart? Yeah, I tried also lol. It was actually sold out prior to 9....which was when they were supposed to drop. IT switched to the out of stock notification at 8:59 :(

Simon Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Stayed up till 3 am one day and got it from target picked it up the next day. My sister did also but they canceled her order so she just finally got one from Sony website. Not gonna lie im in love with the system. Me and my wife have been playing all day and we usually don't play games especially her ( I think she has played more than me lol)

MarshallB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you get lucky I wouldn't plan on being able to get your hands on one easily until probably Febuary or March of 21. Sony went all out to market the hell out of it, but failed to create the supply to meet that demand. Now we are seeing the fruits of that. Major scalping of big quantities for 3-4x retail price. Low supply on a highly in demand product, the bots will win.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to upgrade mainly for, what looks to be, a huge improvement in graphics and load times. I am a huge Souls fan so I have already bought Demon Souls which looks amazing. On top of that, it plays PS4 games.....if it didn't, I probably wouldn't upgrade right away. Funny thing is I already picked up an extra controller, Demon Souls, and the PS VR adapter cable.....probably won't have the PS5 for another 6 months to a year lol.
I have a PS5 and can confirm the graphics are amazing, i dont think the games which are out at the moment are anywhere near at the capabilities of the machine, load times are very very quick, but the best thing for me is the intuitive controller, you have to use it to know what i mean, i like especially how, for example, when shooting an arrow, the button is your bow, the further back you pull it the more power there is to your arrow, also you can feel the resistance of the button just like pulling back a real bow.
The upgrade from ps3 to ps4 wasnt really that great but ps4 to ps5 is a massive upgrade and worth every penny.

U

User1

View Badges
Unless you get lucky I wouldn't plan on being able to get your hands on one easily until probably Febuary or March of 21. Sony went all out to market the hell out of it, but failed to create the supply to meet that demand. Now we are seeing the fruits of that. Major scalping of big quantities for 3-4x retail price. Low supply on a highly in demand product, the bots will win.

Farking bots, right?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My husband managed to get a bundle at GameFly but he basically tried for two weeks on every drop at Sony, Walmart, Best Buy, Target, Ant Online, Amazon, Meijer and so on. Basically any website that had a drop, even ones we have never shopped at before. Even then he said it sold out immediately.

It's basically luck and persistence based on if you can not only beat the bots but make it through the lagging/timing out websites. Some people might get it right away but really you should expect to spend many days stalking twitter users and trying to buy one.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Last nights event was a joke for release. Sold out in 11 seconds.
HOW CAN THESE MANUFACTURERS KNOWING THAT HOLIDAY AND BUYING SEASON IS AMONG THEM AND NOT HAVE ENOUGH OR ANY AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
I say poor planning and Lost sales not to mention the customers they are losing to competitors. Theyve annouced November 10th since August and still have none ?

Anubisxii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everyone here. I tried the day or release and wasn't able to secure one as soon as they announced they were available. I guess the good news is that there's reports some of the new consoles are having issues. This is a known thing the first gen Xbox 360s and first gen PS4s all had issues. I feel like it's almost a blessing that I didn't get one yet and I'll wait a little bit longer. I have a killer PC gaming rig so I can totally be held over until Sony can't get their stock back in order. The most ironic part of all this is is before cyberpunk 2077 comes out I wanted to upgrade to one of the brand new GPUs for PC. And guess what... same deal tons of hype, super low stock, and scalpers got everything.

If you're a programmer and want to make a ton of money right now I have a feeling if there was a way to come out with type of anti-scalping plug-in for major retailer websites you'd be a millionaire.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s so frustrating. I tried to snag a PS5 and failed the first day. Xbox Series X was the same thing—stuck on slammed servers and unable to complete the purchase, then suddenly out of stock. Then I figured I’d upgrade my GTX 1080 to a newer high-end card, and it’s the same thing with those. No stock, no idea when they’re restocked, and they’re gone again. I’ve resigned myself to waiting until next April for anything.

The companies do this on purpose. They target manufacturing to the low end of demand so they don’t end up with surplus. The hype and increased demand from people who are freaking out about not being able to get a unit just means they’ll consistently sell out of each wave of product. Makes it easier to forecast sales and revenue, I’m sure.

U

User1

View Badges
It’s so frustrating. I tried to snag a PS5 and failed the first day. Xbox Series X was the same thing—stuck on slammed servers and unable to complete the purchase, then suddenly out of stock. Then I figured I’d upgrade my GTX 1080 to a newer high-end card, and it’s the same thing with those. No stock, no idea when they’re restocked, and they’re gone again. I’ve resigned myself to waiting until next April for anything.

The companies do this on purpose. They target manufacturing to the low end of demand so they don’t end up with surplus. The hype and increased demand from people who are freaking out about not being able to get a unit just means they’ll consistently sell out of each wave of product. Makes it easier to forecast sales and revenue, I’m sure.

Correct. Xbox, PS5, or any of the Nvidia 308x are low stock and in high demand. It is stupid high to be honest but here is the deal. This is like the trifecta crazy town because of:

1. C19
2. Demand
3. Lock down in homes, self isolation

It is very important to note that because of C19 more people are home than normal and finding ways to entertain. Entertain means consoles and movies and the internet. Console games and sales have been trending up. Nvidia cards have been trending up on the PC side. On the data visualization front some of the graphs people are creating on how people entertain, search, media, and others is dang funny but that is another story...

Yes the manufactures could have planned better but then we circle back to C19 and its disruption of the supply chain and we are back here in dumbville with limited supplies. In short Sony can't just turn a dial and produce more PS5's no matter how much we want them to. It also doesn't help that both Sony and Microsoft are using the same manufacture for their graphic chips...

As someone said above if you want one of these high ticket items you have to stay on top of it. It basically becomes your secondary job. You set alerts. You work in teams. You read for tips. And the drum beats on.

I hear what everyone is saying but I do not believe it is really something that would make business sense for them to adjust for. Some of it is out of their control. Some of it is in their control. Some of it is due to their design choices (same GPU manufacture).

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my ps5 but it was an amazon pre-order when they first went live in September. Was lucky enough to get it within the 5 minute window before they sold out. I haven't heard of much luck beyond getting alerts for it and being ready for when retailers upload on their sites.

windemerejack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if im being thick but alot of people on this thread keep mentioning 'bots' can somebody tell me what you mean by bots please.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes COVID has increased sales of gaming consoles and PC parts. For awhile after COVID hit, finding a Nintendo switch (which had been out for awhile and previously easy to find) became a difficult task too. People are at home bored.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if im being thick but alot of people on this thread keep mentioning 'bots' can somebody tell me what you mean by bots please.

software that buys up the items faster than humanly possible... plus you can run tons of them at once. This is how some people on eBay have 12+ units to sell.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back