Psammocora Care

SD Actuary

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
767
Reaction score
85
Location
San Diego, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know very very little about SPS, but i know even less about Psammocora.

What are their general care requirements, growth rates, etc.

A local store got some insane looking ones in and I dont know much about them.
 
depending on the species it can vary...I have a psammocora on the bottom of a 24g nano under 4x24 watt all blue plus blus, receiving moderate flow and it has held it's color and is growing

look up Psammocora and check out the variances on habitats
Species
 
I have a JF Green Branching Psamm and its in high light and high flow. It's super hairy, but it's a slow grower.
 
I have a piece of JF green as well and its high light, low light, anywhere and a VERY fast grower for me, generally encrusts alot so just be weary if you have any corals near it they may get covered,
heres mine under a 175w 12k...looks much better under the 20k radiums
PsammacorraMother.jpg
 
Mine likes moderate flow and light. Problem is the branches are easly broken by my PBT :-/

IMG_9490.jpg


IMG_9491.jpg
 
I think most are just encrusting, Scott.
 
bump
I'm picking one of these corals up shortly any more to report since the last posting?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new