PSNB, PSB bacteria use

MaoiHi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Vietnam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that PNSB bacteria can be beneficial for reef tank but I don't have access to it. Can I use PSB instead? And the use of it.
 
What is your reason for wanting to use psb?
 
What is your reason for wanting to use psb?
Well the common use as water conditioner, side use as coral feed and because it's seem like a cheap option for my low budget .
 
All that PSB and PNSB really have in common is that they're both photosynthetic. In others words, they're no more closely related than seaweeds are to pine trees. In fact, in this comparison, these distantly related groups of bacteria differ metabolically from one another even more than the seaweeds/pine trees are.

So it really depends on what you intend to use them for (the specific traits you hope to substitute with PNSB). There is some crossover. Both are good as food. Both have probiotic qualities (though they are not necessarily entirely the same). Both inhibit pathogens, including Vibrio. Most if not all species in both groups are capable of carrying out diazotrophy. Both are pretty good at degrading organic wastes.

I'm fairly familiar with both groups...more so with PNSB, but if you know the PSB species in the product, I'd be happy to help you determine its effectiveness as a substitute (assuming the contents of the product are accurately labeled).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new