psyched- just ordered aT3i

mc-cro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been pouring over camera specs, comparing models, reading reviews, forums, you name it for about a month. I have never had anything more than cheap point and shoots, but I have become extremely frustrated with trying to take pics of my SPS with cheap cameras.

I finally settled on the T3i, I think the absolute final deciding factor was the fact that it has the tilt view screen, an that makes it so much easier for top down shots as well as other difficult shots.

I got a fantastic deal, (below MAP) on a brand new unit. It was a body only, so instead of going with the standard 18-55 kit lens. I ordered the 50mm "nifty fifty" lens.

I am so ready to start taking some real pics of my tank.

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on your upgrade! You won't regret it! I shoot with a canon 7d and love it. And you're doing a good thing by getting the 50 mm prime lens. The glass is where it's at! Look forward to seeing first light!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great. I was very close to getting one but then the T4i deal came up and I ordered it instead. I got the T4i with kit lens plus the 55-250mm lens for $599. I already have the 50mm lens though I must admit I've only used it a couple of times. Now I just need someone to put the 100mm macro lens on sale. I keep hoping to get it when canon runs the 20% off on their refurb lenses but the 100mm is always out of stock. I do think they must only put 1 or 2 up for sale during the 20% off sales since it seems to all of a sudden be in stock once the sale is over.

Back