Puffer fish

Matthias Cordina

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2024
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Malta
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI, so I recently got a valentini puffer fish (i have clown wrasse and 2 clowns) I havent seen it eat I tried mysis, clams, snails. I has developed ich since I added it to my tank all other fish are fine. I stays hidden and doesnt swim a lot although it doesnt look too bad. What should I try feeding it? and what should I do thanks in advance.
 
Welcome to the forum!
Have you tried target feeding the fish? its still new and stressed and may need some help finding food in its new environment. You can try ghost shrimp to get a feeding response. I’d make sure it’s teeth aren’t overgrown and that it can eat.

The ich may also be suppressing its appetite. Since the puffer has it, it’s safe to assume all fish do now and need to be treated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new