Pukani rock or Marco rock

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting up a new 130 soon. Can’t decide on which rock so open to suggestions. Which one do you guys like better and why? Which one in your experiences have better shapes? Pics are greatly appreciated.

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used either. I've heard pukani has to be cured for a while to prevent phosphate leaching. I'd also read similar about marco and that it also tends to crumble(?) Could be confusing it with something else.

Alternatively, if you're set on dried, you could order from John at @reefcleaners . I've always been pleased with the rock he sent me(several orders). He also sells clean up crews and some macro algae.

O'l Salty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marco rock is heavy and not as pourious as Pukani. Pukani is easy to chip and break apart to create just the right sizes and shapes. Just seems easier to work with.

xGVJBJ9h.jpg

OP
OP
Nht

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Which rock has better shapes and holes to stick frag plugs in? So does Marco rock less likely to leach phosphates and other nasties?

AcanthurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Marco. It's pretty good rock. Does not crumble but is on the brittle side. Easy to make frag plug holes. Marco shelf rock looks good. I have the single and flat cuts which make a very stable base.
I think pukani is better overall but it requires curing since it has alot of dead critters in it.

OP
OP
Nht

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone used rocks from reefrocks.net? They claim to pre clean their rocks so there’s no fear of phosphates and nasties leaching

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back