Pulling the pin and have a question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, whilst looking for a pH controller for my new CA reactor, I’ve convinced myself (with the help of a bottle of red), that a Profilux 4 would be good for the job. But, whilst coming to this conclusion and browsing the site of my LFS I have noticed the KH, and ION Director, and had an epiphany about how great my life would be if I didn’t need to mess around testing the dreaded three. In light of which I have a couple of questions for the experts.

1. I bought one of the first Profilux 2 in Australia about 10 years back, and although it was good, I struggled for ages to get it connected and the support was dog ****, has this improved?

2. When using these test Modules (KH and ION) with the P4, can I have it make adjustments to the solenoid on me CA reactor to up/lower the applicable value, rather than just dosing?

3. Can the 2.1 dozers be used for continual pumping (supplying and dispersing my CA reactor with tank water)?

4. Is all this worth it? I’ll be using the system to ease my dosing/testing commitments, and for controlling T5s, temp, etc. is there any other big improvement over the P2 I had all that time ago?

Appreciate it in advance.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Meshed networks sometimes have a problem connecting the device to a wireless network. Support here and the GHL is great on how to work around this issue.

2. Yes you can do this.

3. A 2.1 doser is not designed to be continual.

4. Updated internal hardware, different powerbar designs, graphs, notifications, soon push notifications software has come a long way since p2.

OP
OP
robs.mark

robs.mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Meshed networks sometimes have a problem connecting the device to a wireless network. Support here and the GHL is great on how to work around this issue.

2. Yes you can do this.

3. A 2.1 doser is not designed to be continual.

4. Updated internal hardware, different powerbar designs, graphs, notifications, soon push notifications software has come a long way since p2.
Thanks for the response, appreciated.

I think point 3 could be an option here, I was hoping that I could run everything from the same system. There is no other solution offered by GHL for this?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to ask sales @Vinny@GHLUSA. The issue is you could use the 2.1 or of you find a maxi but you will be replacing the motors quite often depending on the speed.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The doser 2.1 is not very useful for a CA reactor - but you have a lot of opportunities to manage a membran or larger tube pump with the different programs of the P4. And it has happens a lot since the P2 :p

Sincerely Lasse

Back