Pulling the pink on JF HomeWreker

  • Thread starter Thread starter KIKe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KIKe

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2021
Messages
218
Reaction score
138
Location
Roseville
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
14296.jpg


Pretty happy about my WD's color. Pretty proud to pull these purple out in my 25gal AIO. However my HW (the top green one) is not that pink as I was expecting, any thoughts on pulling the pink out?

Was thinking about trace elements but my WD has some decent purple, would it be the light being too strong in that part?
 
14296.jpg


Pretty happy about my WD's color. Pretty proud to pull these purple out in my 25gal AIO. However my HW (the top green one) is not that pink as I was expecting, any thoughts on pulling the pink out?

Was thinking about trace elements but my WD has some decent purple, would it be the light being too strong in that part?
Need more information about your system to get any good advice. Otherwise a complete guessing game.
 
14296.jpg


Pretty happy about my WD's color. Pretty proud to pull these purple out in my 25gal AIO. However my HW (the top green one) is not that pink as I was expecting, any thoughts on pulling the pink out?

Was thinking about trace elements but my WD has some decent purple, would it be the light being too strong in that part?
Need more information about your system to get any good advice. Otherwise a complete guessing game.
I will do a test tomorrow.
 
14296.jpg


Pretty happy about my WD's color. Pretty proud to pull these purple out in my 25gal AIO. However my HW (the top green one) is not that pink as I was expecting, any thoughts on pulling the pink out?

Was thinking about trace elements but my WD has some decent purple, would it be the light being too strong in that part?

One other things I noticed...your sps are way too close. Looks cool in the picture, but it's going to prevent/stunt growth. And then when they touch....lots of fun for you lol!
 
Let me know when you find out. I posted a very similar thread in my local reef forum asking the same thing...How do I pull the pink/orange out? I actually have a colony that has pink/orange corallite in one part of the SPS, and all green/blue on a different part of the SPS (mostly new growth).

Seems like the consensus was JF HW is a very finicky tenuis and hard to get the colors out. I gather that's why people want the JF HW so much, it's difficult and people like the challenge. Shows there are levels to SPS keeping. LOL.

Nice WD by the way, I'm jealous.
 
14296.jpg


Pretty happy about my WD's color. Pretty proud to pull these purple out in my 25gal AIO. However my HW (the top green one) is not that pink as I was expecting, any thoughts on pulling the pink out?

Was thinking about trace elements but my WD has some decent purple, would it be the light being too strong in that part?
Looks like a packed 25g, do you have a build thread or an FTS ?
 
oh dam , what is your secret, never been able to keep this more then 6 months
 
1785292340029.png




4-600+ par, high flow, patience.


Oh and since you posted a WD, here's mine :)
1785292441411.png
How long have these pieces been in this particular system?
 
oh dam , what is your secret, never been able to keep this more then 6 months
I do not know, It is not a big system, also packed with LPS which means I have to adjust water and nutrients very often, I do dose some nitrate and feed my fish. Also have a CO2 scrubber to help maintaining my PH.
 
I would absolutely love to see the same frag under white lights only.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new