Pulsing Xenia Questions...

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy who has the 210. Also has 120 & 60. When his 6 line did some carpet surfing out of the 120. He pretty much popped a bottle of champaign. He said it was the worst fish ever to get.
Hippo tangs are ich magnets. Probably the worst of them all for slime coats.
I just seen a place selling Gem tangs for $800 online. Think they successfully bred them and had a bunch to sell. That is why the price was so low.

Vince57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy who has the 210. Also has 120 & 60. When his 6 line did some carpet surfing out of the 120. He pretty much popped a bottle of champaign. He said it was the worst fish ever to get.
Hippo tangs are ich magnets. Probably the worst of them all for slime coats.
I just seen a place selling Gem tangs for $800 online. Think they successfully bred them and had a bunch to sell. That is why the price was so low.
That's what I understand about hippo's, and also the 6 line! What a shame, cause I think the 6 line is a beautiful fish. Because, I want a FOWLR, it'll be my main tank, I'm thinking about setting up a 75g Reef Tank, that way, I'll have best of both worlds! :)

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure you have extra support beams ready for the weight of the tank(s)
8lbs per gallonx210g(of just water)= 1,680lbs. Then you have the steel stand, live rock, lights, etc..

Vince57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure you have extra support beams ready for the weight of the tank(s)
8lbs per gallonx210g(of just water)= 1,680lbs. Then you have the steel stand, live rock, lights, etc..
It's going in my man cave. Hopefully, the concert will be strong enough. Actually, this gives me food for thought! I better ask my brother in law. He's a structural engineer.
Thanks for putting this bug in my ear.

Vince57

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going in my man cave. Hopefully, the concert will be strong enough. Actually, this gives me food for thought! I better ask my brother in law. He's a structural engineer.
Thanks for putting this bug in my ear.
Concrete, not concert! dang autocorrect!

40B Knasty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine on concrete with an outdoor rug with padding in between. My tank was not level and got a massive crack. The swelling of the ground made it not level. So keep that in mind that it may shift. $2 shims could have saved me $400

OP
OP
Forsaken77

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concrete, not concert! dang autocorrect!

If you're doing a FOWLR, definitely consider the Red Coris Wrasse. One of the most beautiful fish. Also an AUSTRALIAN Harlequin Tuskfish. The Red Coris starts small and looks like an elongated clown fish, but morphs into something gorgeous and reaches a bit over a foot. I have one and she's slow at morphing. I also have a Formosa Wrasse, can get almost 2 feet, but also morphs nicely.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 19.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 7.9%
Back