Pump and wave maker for 34 gallon

gruenburger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Haven't owned a reef tank since 2012, but I just bought a secondhand Red Sea Reefer 170. 34 gallon tank, 9 gallon sump. I noticed sump pump is noisy and would like to switch it out for something much quieter. Also very interested in a wavemaker... I am looking at the Nero 5, but it seems too strong.

Im looking forward to some of your recommendations.

Warm regards,
Alex

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R!!! Congratulations on the new tank! There are many quality brands that offer DC pumps that you can turn down and I think that you will find that most of them make very little noise.

Seadoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many choices out there. I recently replaced my Nero 5s with MP40s in a Reefer 350. The beauty about the Nero 5 is that they can be used in multiple size systems, all the way from nanos and escalate as required. You should also consider MP10s if the glass thickness allows it.
For the return pump, I have a Vectra M1 and I am very happy with it. Depending on your needs you may want to take a look at the Vectra S1 (if buying used) or the S2).

OP
OP
G

gruenburger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so I purchased the MP10 wireless and im looking at the Vector S2. If I do that ill probably also buy the ecotech LEDs as well. Do you use reef link? I want to "set and forget" a schedule for my pumps and lights

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back