Pump Flow Regulation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alvanck
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alvanck

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2026
Messages
57
Reaction score
30
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you with non adjustable pumps that have to restrict flow can I see your setup? I’m thinking I’m going to have to put a small piece of 3/4 tube, up to a reef safe ball valve and then another section of tube to the return plumbing. Was looking at something like this with a small pipe clamp around the tube that connects to the pump.

https://a.co/d/099sJmm7
 
For those of you with non adjustable pumps that have to restrict flow can I see your setup? I’m thinking I’m going to have to put a small piece of 3/4 tube, up to a reef safe ball valve and then another section of tube to the return plumbing. Was looking at something like this with a small pipe clamp around the tube that connects to the pump.

https://a.co/d/099sJmm7
I realize it's been a minute since this was posted, but if we could get a pic or 2 of your setup, that would be helpful for giving an answer.
 
For those of you with non adjustable pumps that have to restrict flow can I see your setup? I’m thinking I’m going to have to put a small piece of 3/4 tube, up to a reef safe ball valve and then another section of tube to the return plumbing. Was looking at something like this with a small pipe clamp around the tube that connects to the pump.

https://a.co/d/099sJmm7
You can use just about any threaded pvc ball valve with pvc hose barb fittings.
 
Just be sure the ball valve goes on the discharge side of the pump. Otherwise you risk damaging the pump over time due to cavitation.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new