Pump for feeding a DIY calcium Reactor

  • Thread starter Thread starter enb141
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

enb141

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2018
Messages
303
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'm planning to build a DIY calcium reactor but after doing some homework, I've found that you will need an pump or something to put water from your tank to your Calcium Reactor, so, some guys recommend an peristaltic pump, so I was thinking about a Versa but those ones seems to have issues and probably or maybe there's a cheaper way to do it.
 
Toms lift pump or single head dosing pump
 
Toms lift pump or single head dosing pump

I've heard that dosing pumps that are used for dosing calcium, alkalinity, etc. can't be used for this purpose because those pumps can't be running 24/7

I was thinking about the Toms but I'm not sure how precise gets over time because you need a valve to regulate it instead of being controlled as the dosing pumps.
 
I have been using the versa for about 3 months now to pull from my calcium reactor. Works great, never had a problem with it and its dead silent. I check the calibration about once a month and never seen it off by more than 1ml.
 
Bump, any other continuous dosing pumps or diy ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new