Pump for water mixing station

  • Thread starter Thread starter KSReefing
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I've been using a jebao 10000 pump externally on my salt mixing station for about 8 months now with no problems. I only let the salt mix for a couple of hours then use all of it for a water change.

The left tank is my ato and it is gravity fed to a float switch in my sump.

20171107_172235.jpg

Are all of you just getting lucky with your inlet being the same height as the pump inlet ? I have a one inch height difference where the pump inlet is higher than the pvc exiting the container so I’m afraid the water will not empty down to the bottom fully. I mean it’s just an inch of water but still an inch.
 
Which iwaki pump would you all recommend for mixing saltwater on a mixing station using the 65 gallon norwesco vertical drums?
 
I've been using a jebao 10000 pump externally on my salt mixing station for about 8 months now with no problems. I only let the salt mix for a couple of hours then use all of it for a water change.

The left tank is my ato and it is gravity fed to a float switch in my sump.

20171107_172235.jpg

Very nice setup. Wondering how difficult it is to clean inside the containers (mainly the saltwater one) with the small opening at the top. Do you just rinse it with fresh/RODI water? No scrubbing necessary? I was debating between this style and another style with a larger opening, or maybe even a brute trash can for ease of cleaning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new