Pump is very loud - Waterbox 20

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the waterbox 20 gallon cube since October, and overall am very happy.

Over the last 3 or so weeks, the return pump has become VERY noisy. I have taken it out several times and made sure it was clean and clear of debris. I cleaned the impeller and the input and output. And I made sure it was positioned where neither the tank or the plumbing was touching the side of the chamber to eliminate any vibration noise that might have been there.

Anyway, it is getting worse, and I am not sure what to do. It is substantially louder than when I first set up the tank.

Is there anything I can try or do differently? Or is there a known issue with the pumps?

Mhart032

Stick Head
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When i had the waterbox setup it came with what was supposed to be a sicce 1.0 i believe, but it came with an off brand pump, i quickly replaced it with the Tunze 1073, i wanted more turn over, but a better quality pump. what did yours come with?

attached link to pump i bought.

OP
OP
J

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was not the sicce pump. I would have to double check what it actually is.

I really hate to replace the pump if there is some alternative. I rather spend my money on something like livestock. Especially when this is only 3-4 months old and was originally very quiet.

I don't need the additional turnover. I have a Nero 5 in my tank turning the water over about 70 times per hour

Hersheyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just replace the pump, it would just be a matter of time, the stock ones are pretty low quality. If you don't want to spend too much, check out the jebao/jecod dc pumps, I have ran them on all my tanks, the oldest one I have is 4 years old, never had any issues... only cleaned impeller prob 2x so far. Quick 10-15 mins vinegar dip and quick rinse n you're good to go again.

Bronx_Discuss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you called them up? Seems like a pump should not be crapping out this early in the game. There’s gotta be a warranty that is still valid.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the waterbox 20 gallon cube since October, and overall am very happy.

Over the last 3 or so weeks, the return pump has become VERY noisy. I have taken it out several times and made sure it was clean and clear of debris. I cleaned the impeller and the input and output. And I made sure it was positioned where neither the tank or the plumbing was touching the side of the chamber to eliminate any vibration noise that might have been there.

Anyway, it is getting worse, and I am not sure what to do. It is substantially louder than when I first set up the tank.

Is there anything I can try or do differently? Or is there a known issue with the pumps?

Hi there!

Please send an email to [email protected] so we can get this rectified for you. :)

FalconSMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone-I had the same issue-put in a siccee and it is still noisy. The pump is quiet in the tank itself but as soon as I attach the hose to the return, it vibrates like crazy, Have tried multiple tubes, tubes within tubes, foam. Going crazy with the hum

Any ideas??

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone-I had the same issue-put in a siccee and it is still noisy. The pump is quiet in the tank itself but as soon as I attach the hose to the return, it vibrates like crazy, Have tried multiple tubes, tubes within tubes, foam. Going crazy with the hum

Any ideas??
I had the same issue, all I did was took out the pump and made sure the little plastic thing sticking out is in the lowest setting (to the left) and it solved my solution, hope this helps

FalconSMG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the pump output is too great for the small outflow device. I have cut a hole (!!) in the tube to allow some of the pressure to bleed off. Much quieter though still a bit annoying. I will try and source a bigger tube and flow head as the pump is dead quite when not attached to the current flow head. Not sure I can enlarge the hole though as I think it is glass.

Sammy470

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the pump output is too great for the small outflow device. I have cut a hole (!!) in the tube to allow some of the pressure to bleed off. Much quieter though still a bit annoying. I will try and source a bigger tube and flow head as the pump is dead quite when not attached to the current flow head. Not sure I can enlarge the hole though as I think it is glass.
Any updates on something that worked? Currently having the same issue after replacing my stock pump with the sicce syncra 1.0.

Back