Pump Power Cord Frayed

MBrady

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Location
NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

The power cord on my Bubble Blaster HY2000 Skimmer pump is frayed where the cord meets the pump body. The pump still works but I'm not sure how long this will last, any ideas on if repair is possible?

I'm not sure that heat shrink wrap will be effective in creating a water-tight seal.

Thanks!
 
Hi,

The power cord on my Bubble Blaster HY2000 Skimmer pump is frayed where the cord meets the pump body. The pump still works but I'm not sure how long this will last, any ideas on if repair is possible?

I'm not sure that heat shrink wrap will be effective in creating a water-tight seal.

Thanks!

VOTE - NEW PUMP

weigh electric surge thru your tank and losing everything currently alive in aquarium with trying to repair an underwater pump... vs new pump

fray where cord meets pump body implies something was tugging or otherwise not kosher with cord to pump body... try also to figure this out so that you don't have this come up again
 
VOTE - NEW PUMP

weigh electric surge thru your tank and losing everything currently alive in aquarium with trying to repair an underwater pump... vs new pump

fray where cord meets pump body implies something was tugging or otherwise not kosher with cord to pump body... try also to figure this out so that you don't have this come up again
Eh... I've had cheap powerheads and pumps literally just rot where the cord enters the body's potting (water proofing).
 
There is a waterproof heat shrink wrap that has some sort of adhesive and seals it but I would just get a new pump as well. If it were the other end of the cord I would definitely go the fixing route lol.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new