Pump power for mixing saltwater

LordJoshaeus

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2018
Messages
581
Reaction score
525
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still gathering supplies for my impending 10 gallon saltwater setup for my Pseudomugil cyanodorsalis. I am pretty sure I will need a pump to mix saltwater...in a 5 gallon bucket how powerful should that pump be? Thank you :)
 
I use a piece of pvc pipe to steer a few times a 20 gallon barrel when I need to mix salt. I'm pretty sure you can get away with the same in your setup. The salt mixes pretty easily in the ammount needed for reef tanks.
 
In a 5 gallon bucket, all you really need is a inexpensive jebao powerhead. One of the smaller ones.
 
I mix in a 5gal bucket.

I use a cheap "wave maker" idk the power of it now but enough to push and rotate the water but not too strong to splash water out.
Hope that makes sense.
 
that would work but i suggest finding one with a magnet.
those suction cups might not stick to the inside of a bucket due to curvy shape.
You may have a point, but I have one of these pumps and while it doesn't "stick" to the wall of a Brute bucket, it really doesn't have to. Just letting it hang in the bucket works for mixing salt.
 
You may have a point, but I have one of these pumps and while it doesn't "stick" to the wall of a Brute bucket, it really doesn't have to. Just letting it hang in the bucket works for mixing salt.
Yea thatll work too. I just like the fact that i can move it wherever ..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new