Pump Question

Tozer0314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fruval Evo 13.5 gallon tank. It has three chambers in the side. Water intake chamber, Filter chamber and pump chamber. My pump chamber is struggling for water. My question is...should I clean the filter out to get better water flow?
I am hesitant because I know that is where the bacterial is, but I don’t want to keep shooting major amounts of air bubbles into my tank either.

Please help

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fruval Evo 13.5 gallon tank. It has three chambers in the side. Water intake chamber, Filter chamber and pump chamber. My pump chamber is struggling for water. My question is...should I clean the filter out to get better water flow?
I am hesitant because I know that is where the bacterial is, but I don’t want to keep shooting major amounts of air bubbles into my tank either.

Please help

try cleaning the pump impeller

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Please help
If the pump chamber is not getfing enough water, then yes something upstream is restricting flow.
The bacteria is everywhere. Do not rinse, but remove and inspect for detritus, blockage.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The water is not getting into that chamber enough. It’s the water level not the pump itself ...
On my marinecube, similar overflow>filter>return setup, if there is not enough water in the tank, the pump is starved.

OP
OP
T

Tozer0314

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the pump chamber is not getfing enough water, then yes something upstream is restricting flow.
The bacteria is everywhere. Do not rinse, but remove and inspect for detritus, blockage.

All is good. I did as suggested by you...and all chambers are now even water level.
Thanks for your help. You all are amazing. Really glad I joined this group!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 74 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 15 9.1%
Back