PUMP questions! Deltec or varios help me get MY 450 PUMPED up :)

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So i am about to plumb a 450 gallon reef and I need to pick return pumps... Thinking of using two units or maybe one large unit open to suggestions on other options as well but mainly looking for feedback form actual customers on varios 10 and the deltec eflow pumps

if using one :
deltec eflow 16
varios 10

or this if choosing two /3
2 deltec eflow 8 or one 10 and one 8
3 sicce sdc 9.0
3 ecotech vectras
two run the tank and one runs uv/reactors/fuge supply

I have one Vectra L2 on the shelf already for the closed loop that I pre bought as well but I will need that going once wet and I cant steal it for return pump duty.

I had a bunch of other bills come due as insurance is trying to reject payment a surgical procedure after it was performed so please don't mention an abyzz its out of my price range currently. I need this thing up and running for it to cycle over the next 6-8 months to mature. Thankfully I bought everything else minus heaters, returns, plumbing and have 5 g6 pro radions sitting here with the bubble king and most all of the other supplies waiting.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Abyzz...! (just kidding) But seriously, Abyzz. But seeing as how the Abyzz is out of the question (at least for now), I'd get a pair of Sicce SDC 9.0 pumps. I run a single one @45% for my 200-gallon system, so a pair of them @50-60% should be more than sufficient for your setup (three is probably overkill).

The Sicce SDC pumps are rock solid and come with a 5-year warranty. I've left mine for over a year without cleaning and it still performs flawlessly (if you stick with the Sicce SDC 9.0 pumps I recommend getting an extra pair of impellers so you can just swap in clean ones and use a toothbrush to quickly clean the inside; nets you a few minutes of downtime).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back