Pump Recommendation

KaizenBirdie

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2026
Messages
6
Reaction score
3
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I'm looking to install a controllable pump on the overflow wall of my 55 gallon tank, so looking for one where the dry-side, outer magnet is waterproof. Looks like Tunze offers waterproof magnets, but curious what other options you're using for similar applications. Thanks for your help!
 
I've used a food vacuum sealer to seal magnets so I could place a power head on the back wall of am AIO

PS . If you find a tunze unit you like and the magnet is waterproof I would do that route. Their powerhead run for many years, have a good warranty and support is great. I have a couple of tunze powerheads 10 years old that still work fine. I wish I could say the same for my vortechs. If an internal magnetic isn't cracking the bearing are failing on a dry side. 😡
 
I've used a food vacuum sealer to seal magnets so I could place a power head on the back wall of am AIO

PS . If you find a tunze unit you like and the magnet is waterproof I would do that route. Their powerhead run for many years, have a good warranty and support is great. I have a couple of tunze powerheads 10 years old that still work fine. I wish I could say the same for my vortechs. If an internal magnetic isn't cracking the bearing are failing on a dry side. 😡
Thanks for the advice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 9.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new