- Joined
- Jul 27, 2026
- Messages
- 49
- Reaction score
- 27
- What state or country do you live in
- Alabama
I am currently setting up my second tank. First was a 15-gallon AIO. I am now setting up a 57-gallon display with a 20-gallon sump. The sump is the Fiji-20. IT HAS A 1200 gph overflow with 3 one-inch drains. I have a Jebao mdp-3500 return pump. I currently have my pump set at 75% and the drain tuned so that it is silent and the overflow is held just below the secondary drain. The issue I'm having is that the overflow from the chamber the drain empties into, the filter chamber, is really loud. I have tried using the filter floss box, the filter socks, and running it empty, but they are all at varying degrees of loud. I am working on cycling the tank, so I am running it with nothing in it right now, and it is distracting. Do I need to turn the flow down on the pump and re-tune, or should I just live with it until I am ready to install my filter roller?
