Pump setup for a 60 Cube

toothybugs

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2015
Messages
121
Reaction score
97
Location
Minneapolis area
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing something new with a new type of tank - at least new to me, and I am very certain I am overthinking this.

I was given a 60 cube that I want to set up as a display refugium to link after I get my 75 up and running.

Curious to my fellow macro friends' thoughts to an ideal pump setup: I have an old gyre (Maxspect RF250) that I inherited from a 125 tear-down that is a little noisy (probably needs to be cleaned). But, I have had good experiences with opposing wave makers like the Jebao RW models back in the day. I liked the pulsing and think it would suit a macro tank with some sway.

Is the Gyre and return all I really need for this? Or pulse some opposing pumps with a wavebox?

I'll quit overthinking now and listen to you guys.
 
I do not know about the gyres but here you have the result of two RW 8 on short wave (0.7 sec) opposite each other



Sincerely Lasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new