Pump Upgrade.. Full power?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Z06-Hec
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Z06-Hec

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2014
Messages
1,305
Reaction score
143
Location
Cumming
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 6 foot dual overflow 150 Gallon RR tank. I have been running a CA4000 pump which claims 1300 Gallons P/H. That number obviously is lower with the plumbing which in my case comes from a 3/4 pipe into a T and up to 2 returns, one on each side of tank.
I always had a backup CA4000 since they are cheap and I have had to actually swap them back and forth from time to time.
Anyway one died finally.
I went and bought a DCT8000.... 8000 standing for 8000 liters P/H.
Is it ok to run it that high or should I be running at half strength or somewhere in between?
I just installed it and at full power I definitely notice a lot more water movement in the tank. Since I just installed it and its already night time I lowered to half power, that should be just over what my old pump claimed for max power.

Thoughts ?
 
I have run the DC-series and DCS-series Jebao pump and run them at 100% for some time, the major drawback is increased noise above 80% power or so.
 
compared to the CA4000 this thing is super quiet
 
If you keep 2 pumps in hand why not run 2x jaebao dc12000? Can run them at probably half power and extend life as well as water movement. Food for thought.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new