Pumps

SethOF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand of return pump are you using and why, I am about to get a new one just want to see what everyone is using
I am currently using a Fluval SP6. It acts as a return to the display (120G) and also supplies my calcium reactor, GFO/carbon reactor and my Theiling rollermat. Flow is adjusted with valves. Total volume including the sump is about 160G
I had an Vectra M1, but it started interfering with my conductivity probe readings. In replacing I decided to stay away from a DC pump.
The M1 appeared quieter, but I changed my plumbing configuration so I cannot be certain about that.

The M1 had a power consumption regardless of flow of 53W, the SP6 after adjusting the various valves consumes 83W. The Theiling was previously supplied by a Sicce Syncra Pro (800) with a maximum power consumption of 50W. So in terms of power consumption it is probably a wash.

OP
OP
Mark Gray

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently using a Fluval SP6. It acts as a return to the display (120G) and also supplies my calcium reactor, GFO/carbon reactor and my Theiling rollermat. Flow is adjusted with valves. Total volume including the sump is about 160G
I had an Vectra M1, but it started interfering with my conductivity probe readings. In replacing I decided to stay away from a DC pump.
The M1 appeared quieter, but I changed my plumbing configuration so I cannot be certain about that.

The M1 had a power consumption regardless of flow of 53W, the SP6 after adjusting the various valves consumes 83W. The Theiling was previously supplied by a Sicce Syncra Pro (800) with a maximum power consumption of 50W. So in terms of power consumption it is probably a wash.
Thanks for the replay anyone else?

SethOF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for responding anyone else
You may want to provide additional information such as the placement of the return (external/submersible), the height that you want to achieve as well as the total volume of your display tank. Your preference for DC/AC counts as well as connectivity to a generic/proprietary controller.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back