Purchased Used Red Dry Rock

Tuxeedourchin

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone I recently purchased some previously used rock that was left out to completely dry. A few of the pieces are completely red with white coats on them. They are easy to breaks apart and are even red on the inside. I was wondering what kind of rock this is and if these were safe to use in my reef tank as I have never seen rock that is completely red like this. Thank you for any feedback.
 
Sorry I accidentally created a duplicate post as I didn’t see this one had posted here’s some pics

1335CFB8-4D9C-4DA0-9FFB-84E8B4588BBE.jpeg 9325A392-C87F-4DD8-A5E0-17CA76D83488.jpeg 7974B0B6-7ADA-4CCF-B66C-F0C8851DF04A.jpeg
 
Does an acid dissolve the rock? That looks like a limestone base that has been painted with colored epoxy. if so, this is more of a decoration that stuff will grow on than live rock.
 
That is painted fake live rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new