Purple Bonsai RTN/STN

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning fellow reefers. I got my first acro Mar 22. Short story I hope. I have birdsnest, pocillipora, stylophora and Forestfire Digi that are doing great. Mushrooms, zoas, hammers, frogspaws are all doing great. I found a purple bonsai through a local reefer and added it to my tank. I acclimated it to temp and salinity before adding it to my display (took about 20 minutes to get it matched because it was already very close in the container).

I have included a pic of it the day I got it, March 22, and a picture from this morning, March 31. Please bear with me as my coral photography skills are lacking. It has started to lose tissue from the bottom up. It is sitting at about 250 PAR under QMAVEN ii LEDs. It has strong intermittent flow from the Gyre which is set at 60/60 OGC setting. There are no other corals close to it. I also posted my parameters from March 20 and March 28.

I have not changed anything in the tank since it was added and it is the only coral that is showing issues. The area that is losing tissue is the "underside" where it shadows itself. The back of the coral is fine all the way to the base.

3-20.jpg 3-28.jpg IMG-1909.jpg IMG-1982.jpg

OP
OP
Trouble1375

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The alk has always been around 12 which was coming from the Reef Crystals freshly mixed and we have now switched salts but so far only changed 25 gallons from a 125 gallon tank that is running dual 30 gallon sumps. We didn't want to do too drastic of a W/C and upset everything with a quick swing. The salinity may have gone up because the ATO quit working for (best guess) about 3 days. Salinity this morning was back at 1.026 which is where we always run it.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back