Purple Indo Torch Not Opening

viceversabrd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 25, 2024
Messages
163
Reaction score
91
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Ive had this purple Indo torch in my display for a few months, it's basically been in this state of minimal opening up for the entirety. Wondering if it's a lower light variant as most of my other torches get around this same par albeit I did place this one in the highest position but only by an inch or two. First pic is for reference second pic are my three options for replacement (marked with X, triangle and circle) that still get decent flow, thoughts on where to place? Or is my diagnosis correct of too much light? I will say I got a batch of 4 torches that came with EEFW so I nuked them in QT for 90 days the other 3 torches bounced back and this one was doing fine in QT as well til transferred to display tank where its just never opened up for Id say 3 months. Indo in question is towards the top to the left of the large green torch.



Screenshot 2026-09-21 at 7.18.17 PM.png

Screenshot 2026-09-21 at 7.17.48 PM.png
 
Would you happen to have a video?
 
Sure!

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new