Purple Monster Mushroom - Most AWESOME mushroom ever?

dbraun15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it hasn't produced any babies on its own since you had it? Beautiful for sure! I bet that was nerve racking to cut it!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates so I decided to frag ms purple monster after it settle. Check it out y'all! Enjoy.

Right after the bandsaw and dip
IMG_3745.JPG

Few days after
IMG_3907.JPG

And bam, this was taken yesterday, under 5 blue plus and 1 coral plus supplements with 2 blue rb

This frag is the top one in the first pic, and left frag in the second pic.
IMG_6153.JPG
Man I'm pretty sure that Garf used to frag discosoma using a blender and then just poured the mess back into the tank. You should give that a shot ;) And make a video if you do!

OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got nerves of steel Dat! And you were worried about splitting anemones when you're cutting up this beauty! I envy your wealth in corals man and the sick stuff you got!

I had to, make sure the lineage live on. Because I am not a nem expert and have killed two under my belt. However, this third one is doing good.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to, make sure the lineage live on. Because I am not a nem expert and have killed two under my belt. However, this third one is doing good.
How did you kill them? Tank too clean? Too dirty? Any idea? Every time @BSA Corals sends me a picture of one of these I just pretend I didn't get the message.... Very very hard to resist a coral like that.

OP
OP
Sea_Monkey

Sea_Monkey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you kill them? Tank too clean? Too dirty? Any idea? Every time @BSA Corals sends me a picture of one of these I just pretend I didn't get the message.... Very very hard to resist a coral like that.

I just think I suck at keeping nem in the beginning, however, I bought a true csb nem and bam it did a natural split and so far they're doing good.

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just think I suck at keeping nem in the beginning, however, I bought a true csb nem and bam it did a natural split and so far they're doing good.
The only real success I have had with nems was with a 6-7" rose bubble tip (under metal halides) that I acquired long before they were crazy popular. I had it for 3-4 years along with a pair of large, wild true percs. I had to feed the thing all of the time though (shrimp slivers). Ended up selling it and the percs when I broke down that tank.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 82 48.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back