Purple PVC primer reef safe?

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
1,034
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have redo one of my return lines so I need to do some gluing on a running tank.....

If some of the primer drips down the return and into the tank, is that an issue? Tia
 
I would try to avoid it if possible. I have done it in the past with out issue just be careful. You can try tying a rag around the return down the line to catch any before it can run into the sump.
 
That stuff is not water soluble so a couple drops shouldn't be an issue. The other thing is there is no real need to prime. It's not being inspected by a code person (they need to see the purple), and the pipes aren't under any real pressure. If you just use the cement, coat both pipe and fitting, and when you push the pipe and fitting together, give it a quarter twist and hold for the couple seconds for the glue to hold.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new