Purple stripe tank mates

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the wife accidentally got a purple stripe dotttyback a few weeks ago and after a hard fought battle to get him out of our peaceful reef tank he’s been successfully relocated to a tank that has fortunately just finished its cycle was originally going to trade him out at a different LFS for the royal gramma my wife was told he was but now I have become a bit attached to him he’s in a 38 gallon nuvo cube in our bedroom which will only have Zoas for coral. needing suggestions on potential tank mates. Thanks in advance

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t add any fish to that tank. Those fish are super aggressive and will most likely kill any new fish

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A bigger tougher fish. Older clown fish, juvi bristletooth with a plan to move him when he outgrows the space 6mo-1yr. Wrasse fish are tough and fast, flame hawks and arc eyes are tough.

OP
OP
ATC

ATC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on a pair of maroon clowns I heard they can hold their own pretty well. The wife wants a dwarf lion but I’m positive the dottyback will become a snack for the lion. My only other thought is to just convert my 25 gallon bow quarantine tank into a species tank and see if I can get another dotty and hope they pair off.

Snuffy The Seal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on a pair of maroon clowns I heard they can hold their own pretty well. The wife wants a dwarf lion but I’m positive the dottyback will become a snack for the lion. My only other thought is to just convert my 25 gallon bow quarantine tank into a species tank and see if I can get another dotty and hope they pair off.
Maroon pair should work, those things are pretty scary.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes maroons are real tough. Finding a bonded pair could be tricky but if you get them young and small you could get lucky. lightning maroons are gorgeous and carry that same toughness attitude.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back