Purple Stylo Help And Advice!

ReefSarg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2019
Messages
18
Reaction score
5
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had an infestation of vermitid nails for months now. I crush them constantly... it’s now gotten so bad that they are growing on my purple stylo and it’s been looking really rough.
My question is, do you guys think I should start trying to pick them off the stylo? I’m worried I may start a stn/rtn episode. Any advice would be appreciated! B3427DCD-6618-4267-B0F6-E7149CE35325.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0019.MOV
    17.3 MB
hi,just my opinion,can only get worse,yes pick off,then dip in iodide based dip,poss melanarus wrasse to help knock them down,happy reefing :)
 
Yes pick any and all. Stylophora are very durable. Picking isn’t going to hurt a thing.
 
Crushing them brings them back in numbers. You must break the tube at Base and discard the entire contents
That’s the reason they’re back and multiplying. Even superglue gel over the hole of each one will work. Dipping will likely Not kill the vermetids
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new