OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I went back and looked at the pictures and video - they just are not clear enough for me to even make a guess at what is going on. If you can get better images, that would help. Otherwise, as I mentioned, the fish may well have flukes, so you should treat with praziquantel 2 times, 8 days apart after the copper treatment is done.

Is the fish still eating well?
Is it gaining any weight?

Jay

i apologize for late reply, this is my first time being able to take a video of it without it hiding.

the fish is eating and grazing a lot. In terms of weight i am not sure…
As you can see on the video, it has a quiet large White spot on it. (At least compared to The usual size if ich)

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9F7A7561-0B82-4B39-A2A6-468B9BA45780.jpeg

Only 1 White spot, the rest are particles in the water.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

i apologize for late reply, this is my first time being able to take a video of it without it hiding.

the fish is eating and grazing a lot. In terms of weight i am not sure…
As you can see on the video, it has a quiet large White spot on it. (At least compared to The usual size if ich)
Unfortunately, the video is very dark due to blue lights. Please retake under white lighting and even still pics will work as it is moving quickly in video

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
9F7A7561-0B82-4B39-A2A6-468B9BA45780.jpeg

Only 1 White spot, the rest are particles in the water.
OK- in this pic I can see, Nodules are large suggesting Cryptocaryon which is Marine ich. Was this fish previously treated?
Hate to say but fish will need to be treated in quarantine at your soonest. Best treatment would be coppersafe or general cure with coppersafe my choice at therapuetic level 2.25-2.5 monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not Api
Also monitor ammonia level with a reliable test kit during treatment and would not be a bad idea to add an air stone for added oxygen during treatment
You will also need to leave display tank FishLess (Fallow) for at least 6-8 weeks to assure the cysts and trophants have completed their life cycle without a host and have died off

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK- in this pic I can see, Nodules are large suggesting Cryptocaryon which is Marine ich. Was this fish previously treated?
Hate to say but fish will need to be treated in quarantine at your soonest. Best treatment would be coppersafe or general cure with coppersafe my choice at therapuetic level 2.25-2.5 monitored with a reliable copper test kit such as Hanna brand, not Api
Also monitor ammonia level with a reliable test kit during treatment and would not be a bad idea to add an air stone for added oxygen during treatment
You will also need to leave display tank FishLess (Fallow) for at least 6-8 weeks to assure the cysts and trophants have completed their life cycle without a host and have died off
i dont think it is ich because it has been treated for 4 weeks with 2.1 ppm copper before getting into the tank.

the white also appears more gray ish and not so colorful as the white ich

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont think it is ich because it has been treated for 4 weeks with 2.1 ppm copper before getting into the tank.

the white also appears more gray ish and not so colorful as the white ich

I don't think that is ich - the spot is too large and diffuse. It also wouldn't be in the same location for more than 36 hours or so.

To me, the fish looks much improved - better color and better weight.

Have you dosed prazi yet?

Jay

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think that is ich - the spot is too large and diffuse. It also wouldn't be in the same location for more than 36 hours or so.

Jay
i have not dosed prazi yet, as i heard it might take out alot of oxygen in the aquarium. I dont think my QT setup would be sufficient to replement oxygen as fast as it loses.

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
i will begin dosing it tommorow in DT.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i have not dosed prazi yet, as i heard it might take out alot of oxygen in the aquarium. I dont think my QT setup would be sufficient to replement oxygen as fast as it loses.
Prazi affects diet and oxygen at minimal levels reason suggested is added oxygen with air stone

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Jay
I have been outside but getting too cold - Looked again on larger screen- can this be sand ?

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it be lymphocistis?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Could it be lymphocistis?
Lympho does not start on body like that but generally fins and associated often with low water quality and/or diet.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back