Purple Tang in a 45

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woop woop, tang police here. Sir, you do realize putting a tang in a 45g tank is punishable by firing squad correct?

Yes yes I know but would it be fine for a month or so? Found a nice one from a local reefer. Will be in a QT tank for a month or so but ultimately want to add it to the new 130 not in the first wave. Would like to make it the sole occupant of my current 45 once it is done with QT for a bit so I can add some wrasses first and add a yellowed eye Kole tang with the purple once stocking is done.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a fish so large it can't turn around in the 45, or is it a youngster? I cannot recommend it either way as that would make me an accessory after the fact.

I can't risk having the TP raiding my lair and finding how many tangs are in my tank. They'd weight me down with anchors and send me down to Davie Jones Locker for certain.

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless he is a large specimen he should be fine. I had one in a 30gal for 3 or 4 years.
Oh no better get a good lawyer as I hear the tang police coming for ya.

I was told he is only 3” so should be fine then. I said I would grab him in a week since I wanted to get the QT settled in longer (good thing since I had to move to a new tank due to a crack).

Last edited by a moderator:

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no better get a good lawyer as I hear the tang police coming for ya.

I was told he is only 3” so should be fine then. I said I would grab him in a week since I wanted to get the QT settled in longer (good thing since I had to move to a new tank due to a crack).

I don't really care about the tang police! Bigger issues to worry about in the real world.

Last edited by a moderator:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back