Purple tang needs help. Urgent

lv_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newly acquired tang has ich and is undergoing TTM treatment in 5th day. Now she has two big holes near its fin and dorsal fin. She eats well and active. Just occasionally twitch.
History: I purchased it from a local guy that trades fish. The tang was in a temporary tank with 3 other tangs separated by partitions. The fish had no sign of illness or wounds so I bought it. 3 days back home, she started to have ich symptom. I started TTM immediately using styrofoam boxes.
Would the wounds due to the ich or the spike in ammonia? I am doing TTM on every 24 hours in order to reduce ammonia. Temp at 80F. Salinity 1.024 and decreasing to 1.018 gradually on every TTM transfer.

I am feeding her with frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, seaweed, pellets. She eats like a horse.

Any help on the wounds would help. Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.23.22 PM.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My newly acquired tang has ich and is undergoing TTM treatment in 5th day. Now she has two big holes near its fin and dorsal fin. She eats well and active. Just occasionally twitch.
History: I purchased it from a local guy that trades fish. The tang was in a temporary tank with 3 other tangs separated by partitions. The fish had no sign of illness or wounds so I bought it. 3 days back home, she started to have ich symptom. I started TTM immediately using styrofoam boxes.
Would the wounds due to the ich or the spike in ammonia? I am doing TTM on every 24 hours in order to reduce ammonia. Temp at 80F. Salinity 1.024 and decreasing to 1.018 gradually on every TTM transfer.

I am feeding her with frozen brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, seaweed, pellets. She eats like a horse.

Any help on the wounds would help. Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2023-03-24 at 9.23.22 PM.png

Please - No reason to cross post. You have half the medic team which have answered your other post and cross posts takes away from others who too are seeking answers to their issues.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Styrofoam Boxes if not lined with bags will injure fish. The reason I know this, is when I was a Teenager Collecting in Florida. We got a huge haul. Put some of the fish in our styrofoam cooler. All the Fish except some Mangrove Bleenies were injured.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 194 71.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back