Purple Tang Sickness

Hudson1234

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2023
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently bought a purple tang and when I looked closely at it I noticed some white small strands on him by his tail. Does anyone know what this may be? IMG_5393.png
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5392.mov
    24.1 MB
I recently bought a purple tang and when I looked closely at it I noticed some white small strands on him by his tail. Does anyone know what this may be? IMG_5393.png
Thanks for video. The video shows threads from excess mucus likely from mucus cones and can be skin irritation/rash.
Treating with ruby rally pro will work but take longer, otherwise antibiotic such as maracyn 2 or seachem neoplex
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

+1, that is mucus, most likely from skin irritation from a scrape. It won't need treatment. HOWEVER, any new fish has a strong chance of developing infections if not properly quarantined. I see you're in Canada, that makes getting fish medications very difficult.

Watch for salt grain sized white spots, rapid breathing, scratching or the fish stopping eating - those are common signs of illness in new fish.

Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new