Purple tort turning green

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a miyagai tort and a variant of tort but not the same miyagi. Miyagi greened up really quickly. The other tort was solid purple. I couldn't stick the purple one down so it kind of became my leopard wrasse toy. I finally stuck it down and it was still in decent shape and purple. I had blue actinic running and started to notice gray spots. I thought it must be heading downhill but I turned up the whites and noticed the spots are green. Is this a sign it's dying or changing colors? It was a really solid purple when I got it

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe algae growing in the bite marks?

My clownfish moves giant boulders and carries frags off to the bone pile she established in the back corner of the tank. Some fishes.

OP
OP
Reef-_-Noob

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol good to know that it's not only my fish! Drives me crazy. I will say he brings it back after he's had his fun.

The spots are flourescent green and part of the skin , I do not think it's algae but now after taking a second look I'm not sure. The coral is not as purple anymore and the polyps are not waving.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acros usually do better when part of the photoperiod is white. Hard to say with the color change, the acros are acclimating to your tank.

They do tend to turn green when they aren’t getting enough light, but they sometimes turn green before coloring up.

OP
OP
Reef-_-Noob

Reef-_-Noob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my first acros. Tank is like 14 months. So include white period? I wasn't doing that

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back