Push notifications was a grave mistake

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do most of my posts on my phone or my desktop so when I turned on push notifications and opened my laptop for the first time in 2 days I am getting spammed with the windows notification ding. It's still going on while I'm typing which has been about five minutes. God help me lol

(this was a joke thread I know I can turn it off, but seriously though the noise is still going and I think i'm entering a new layer of hell)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I do most of my posts on my phone or my desktop so when I turned on push notifications and opened my laptop for the first time in 2 days I am getting spammed with the windows notification ding. It's still going on while I'm typing which has been about five minutes. God help me lol

(this was a joke thread I know I can turn it off, but seriously though the noise is still going and I think i'm entering a new layer of hell)

Just think of it as your new soundtrack! :oops:

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time i go to this site I get the Constant nag about enabling push notifications. There are many sites i have stopped going to because of this type of NAGGING .

All Social , Notification and other data mining stuff in any Legit site should be off be default with the ability for each user to enable them from a settings menu .
my opinion is all sites seem to run there course until they get greedy then fizzle out.... Hope this is not happening here. The whole new site layout is targeted around pushing users into forum areas of Sponsored or paid to be here companies. Please Please.... oops never mind .

OP
OP
Old Fritz

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a good way to get people to return to the site though
Every time i go to this site I get the Constant nag about enabling push notifications. There are many sites i have stopped going to because of this type of NAGGING .

All Social , Notification and other data mining stuff in any Legit site should be off be default with the ability for each user to enable them from a settings menu .
my opinion is all sites seem to run there course until they get greedy then fizzle out.... Hope this is not happening here. The whole new site layout is targeted around pushing users into forum areas of Sponsored or paid to be here companies. Please Please.... oops never mind .

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The sales heavy stuff should end once July is over. That was something done to encourage vendors to have a mid summer sale period similar to Black Friday and the Holidays. Rev has said there are still many pieces of the forum that are still a work in progress. Give it some time sort itself out and get back into a normal routine.
As for the upgrade, software releases come to an end, theirs was nearing or at end of life, potentially end of support. As admins they have to make decisions on the best way to move forward. I’d rather have an updated, secure forum with a fresh new look than an outdated site that risked security any day of the week. I guess I’m saying Don’t panic, things that haven’t already improved will get there! :)

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I declined activating push notifications on my phone I then got the option to not be asked about them again.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 103 86.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back