Putting fry together?

Minnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two batches of Perc clownfish fry with a clutch of eggs right behind them. My question for you more experienced breeders is, when can I put the fry from two different batches together or can I. My plan was to move each batch into a grow out tank once they are large enough to eat with HOB filter current going. I was a little worried the larger ones from the earlier batch may pick at the smaller fry when I move them in together. I would love to know your thoughts or past experiences.

Thank you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Minnow

Minnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I answered my own question. I waiting until the second batch developed their second stripe. Although they were much smaller the two batches seem to be fine together. These were back to back batches of Perc clownfish. I grind their food between my fingers when feeding. So far everyone is eating and happy.

One note. I have not started using the HOB filter yet. Just sponge filters for now.

OP
OP
Minnow

Minnow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
35010311e8f108f002ba182d841bc40b.jpg

AcroDesCoraux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved mine with the older ones right after they started developing color, my fish are platinum clowns so as soon as they started becoming white I think they were around 2 1/2 weeks old.
I couldn't find any info and I hesitated like you and was wondering if they would get picked at but they were totally fine.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 50 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.4%
Back