Putting fry together?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Minnow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Minnow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2013
Messages
43
Reaction score
17
Location
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two batches of Perc clownfish fry with a clutch of eggs right behind them. My question for you more experienced breeders is, when can I put the fry from two different batches together or can I. My plan was to move each batch into a grow out tank once they are large enough to eat with HOB filter current going. I was a little worried the larger ones from the earlier batch may pick at the smaller fry when I move them in together. I would love to know your thoughts or past experiences.

Thank you.
 
Last edited:
I answered my own question. I waiting until the second batch developed their second stripe. Although they were much smaller the two batches seem to be fine together. These were back to back batches of Perc clownfish. I grind their food between my fingers when feeding. So far everyone is eating and happy.

One note. I have not started using the HOB filter yet. Just sponge filters for now.
 
I'd love to see some pictures if you could share some!
 
35010311e8f108f002ba182d841bc40b.jpg
 
I moved mine with the older ones right after they started developing color, my fish are platinum clowns so as soon as they started becoming white I think they were around 2 1/2 weeks old.
I couldn't find any info and I hesitated like you and was wondering if they would get picked at but they were totally fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new