PVC end cap options to seal around equipment tubing

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at making a 2" hole in my wall to run a piece of PVC through the wall and into my garage. In the garage i want to keep stuff like my ATO, automation tools, and some other items for my tank. The temp in there fluxuates a fair bit but it never freezes or gets much above 80-90F. It should work fine for my needs, and it gets the equipment out from around my tank (under the tank is 95% sump so no real room down there) and in an easier to access and maintain spot.
Anyways, the question for DIYing it, i want to keep the majority of the air from coming back into the house through the piping. I could do a solid end cap and drill holes through it, but that is difficult to modify and allow stuff that has a larger head than the tubing to go through easily. I could use a rubber end cap and do the same thing, but same problems.
Any suggestions for something to seal it up but allow it to open to the full 2" to allow access when i need to add or remove something then seal it again to block the air flow. In my normal tasks at work i would use a brushed option, things pass through, bristles move and flex around the wires and prevent air from coming through.

Thanks for any help

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at making a 2" hole in my wall to run a piece of PVC through the wall and into my garage. In the garage i want to keep stuff like my ATO, automation tools, and some other items for my tank. The temp in there fluxuates a fair bit but it never freezes or gets much above 80-90F. It should work fine for my needs, and it gets the equipment out from around my tank (under the tank is 95% sump so no real room down there) and in an easier to access and maintain spot.
Anyways, the question for DIYing it, i want to keep the majority of the air from coming back into the house through the piping. I could do a solid end cap and drill holes through it, but that is difficult to modify and allow stuff that has a larger head than the tubing to go through easily. I could use a rubber end cap and do the same thing, but same problems.
Any suggestions for something to seal it up but allow it to open to the full 2" to allow access when i need to add or remove something then seal it again to block the air flow. In my normal tasks at work i would use a brushed option, things pass through, bristles move and flex around the wires and prevent air from coming through.

Thanks for any help
So, you're saying that, once the PVC is in place that you'll need to remove it?

OP
OP
lostmojo

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, so you need some sort of gasket...?

Where will the other end of the PVC be?
Sort of a gasket, im trying to seal up the air flow in the pipe between the garage and the room in my house with the tank.
tankgaragesplit.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back