pvc for aquascaping

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been looking for ideas for using pvc pipe for aquascaping. I have several pieces of large pvc that I can cut to size. I thought about using those and glueing rock that I have just sitting in a bucket with flow curing and breaking those rocks up and putting them on the pvc pipe and have little tunnels for the fish to swim through. has this been done and is there any down side on doing this?

jim9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, this has been done many time. For mines, I drilled multiple holes on the pvc for flow and zip tie rocks along with stacking. Only down fall is if you decide for a different scape, you have to re-do EVERYTHING lol. This is my scape with pcv.

fts2.jpg

Anthonyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pulled out all my rock due to an aptasia issue and sofar its bleaching. I have been tossing around the idea of using 4" pvc to make tunnels under the rock for the fish. And it will support the rock without having to glue it. And drilling holes will aid in water flow within the rock and help prevent dead spots..

rfgonzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be done but detritus will build up in the PVC. My eel tank has a 4inch PVC pipe that runs through it for 10 plus years. Just make sure your flow is good. If you look right in the middle of pic you can see the white PVC with a black zip tie around it. The pipe goes from end to end with cut outs.
20190227_191024.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 124 75.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back