Attaching rock to pvc pipe

xandrew245x

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
22
Location
Usa
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 32 gallon biocube. I built a shelf out of 1/2" pvc pipe to set rock on. This shelf sits behind rock in the front, and is hidden from the front. The sides are visible however. I wanted to create a cave behind the front row of rock, hence the use of the stand. My idea was to attach small pieces of rock to the verticle legs of the pipe and cross piece to help ot blend in and make it look more natural.

I was pondering ways that I could do this. I know they make aquarium epoxy, but I am unsure how well that would bond to the pvc. I thought maybe I could drill small holes through the rock and thread zip ties through it and zip tie it tight to the pipe, or maybe a combination of both zip ties and epoxy. Any thoughts?
 
I think superglue would be fine, but you need to rough up the pvc prior.
Is there a specific super glue I should use to make sure it's safe to be in the water, or will any super glue work?

I already sanded the pipe with 150 grit in preparation of possibly gluing rock to it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new