PVC frag disks???

  • Thread starter Thread starter nazzman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

nazzman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2013
Messages
137
Reaction score
16
Location
ma.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some 3/8 sheet of pvc from a stand build was thinking of ripping some strips of it and making frag squares or just using a hole saw and making disks just wondering if its safe.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen these before....coraline will attach but depending on the coral its not so great....zoas blow off after a week or so...sps break off too...I think the problem is the glue we attach them with. But give it a try...you might get better results than I have seen.
 
If you use pvc you need to make a small hole about 1/8 deep so the glue has something to grab onto. Once Zoas spread they will attach fine. I have plenty of Zoas on egg crate. Sps will be more difficult in the long term. When they encrust on something smooth it will be easy to break off. They have a different type of growth vs Zoas.
 
I will do some test frags of acan chalice zoas and some millis and see how it goes I figure if I glue frags with rock on it they will be OK not sure about sps but I will give it a shot
 
What if you roughed up the pvc a bit?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new