PVC or ABS sheet sources

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I'm assembling a 80/20 stands for my cube tank, and I need a topper for the tank to sit on and something for the sump also to sit on.

DIY gurus who are you using for sheet cut to size, as I need 2x pieces of 24" x 24". Will try to hunt locally also, but want to see about other sources!

TIA!!

IMG20231221184741.jpg

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree w/ Troy my local plastic shop has all this in stock and a sheet of 1/4 pvc (foam) is like $62 I think abs is even cheaper . I may build a control board so I have been pricing it out . Also they will cut to size generally for a small fee ..

OP
OP
Lbrdsoxfan

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I agree w/ Troy my local plastic shop has all this in stock and a sheet of 1/4 pvc (foam) is like $62 I think abs is even cheaper . I may build a control board so I have been pricing it out . Also they will cut to size generally for a small fee ..
I'm leaning towards ABS just for cost, since it's just a topper for the stand and to hold the sump. Going to check a few outfits after work as well. Hoping 24" x 24" isn't too drastic of cost, trying to see about keeping the stand cost inline, as my 120g tank will be next if this works out like I want it to cost wise.

Reign1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards ABS just for cost, since it's just a topper for the stand and to hold the sump. Going to check a few outfits after work as well. Hoping 24" x 24" isn't too drastic of cost, trying to see about keeping the stand cost inline, as my 120g tank will be next if this works out like I want it to cost wise.
It is reasonable especially if you go 1/4”

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back