PVC Wall Panel Question

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone here have experience using PVC wall paneling. I’m using it for a stand I’m building and it was an absolute nightmare to try and glue. Will a nail gun work? Or is there some other way you would recommend? Each side is going to have two separate pieces and I plan on caulking the seams/gaps.

0F1FE1B9-99ED-40AC-ABB7-44F37A9134EB.jpeg

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used 1/2 pvc to skin my stand. The trim at the top is glued and nailed.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you glue some PVC sheet or ABS or even just some fiberboard to the wall panel to give it some rigidity, and then use that to attach it?

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you glue some PVC sheet or ABS or even just some fiberboard to the wall panel to give it some rigidity, and then use that to attach it?
Actually do you think I could just use magnets? I could glue them to the back and glue another on the stand. This stuff is pretty light

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking if you left a lip on the backing board, you would have a rim to use to install it to the back of the opening on the stand. I guess you could then use glue or magnets or whatever.

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking if you left a lip on the backing board, you would have a rim to use to install it to the back of the opening on the stand. I guess you could then use glue or magnets or whatever.
That’s a good idea. Maybe I will try and do that then. I’ll have to keep the backing thin because I don’t want the ridges to stick out past the trim

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 58 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back