Pygmy cherub angelfish

philfishmore1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a fluval evo 13.5. I have had it set up for 3 months now. I had 2 green chromis in it but have taken them out to hopefully put a pygmy angel in the tank. The angelfish is about an in ch maybe an inch n a half in size and lives with many corals with no problems with nipping on them . Is it OK to put a pygmy angel in a nano tank is my question?

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a cherub in my 20, I wouldn’t really recommend them for anything smaller than that. They do swim around quite a bit and prefer a long tank. A fish in a tank too small is more likely to start picking at coral and being overly aggressive. Mine hasn’t caused any issues (have a clam, goni, zoas, sps, lps, the works) but I can’t guarantee that a cherub won’t be a problem if it’s stressed due to space

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
While I think a cherub would be ok they can be a little aggressive especially as a tank get smaller.

That said Chromis also can get aggressive so it might be ok.

Chromis actually get pretty big.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

philfishmore1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I think a cherub would be ok they can be a little aggressive especially as a tank get smaller.

I only wanted to use the green chromis as my beginner fish for the first couple months since they were inexpensive. I've taken them out and found them a new home. So the angel will alone. So you think it will be alright? Don't worry I hold nobody but myself responsible for all outcomes. Just looking for some educated opinions. Thank you for taking the time to post.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only wanted to use the green chromis as my beginner fish for the first couple months since they were inexpensive. I've taken them out and found them a new home. So the angel will alone. So you think it will be alright? Don't worry I hold nobody but myself responsible for all outcomes. Just looking for some educated opinions. Thank you for taking the time to post.

Yea they are smaller, I think it should be ok but each individual can be different. I do not think any other dwarf angel would be though.
They are easy, hardy and eat prepared food easily.
They also are less likely to bother corals.
I own 3 of them now.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are active, it can live in a 13g but won't really thrive.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re a good choice for a first angelfish but yeah agree your tank is too small.

I’ve been on the fence about getting a single Chromis but I only want the Black Axils and not sure if any LFS in my area sell them separately from C. Viridis. Also I’m not sure at what size they start developing that black patch on their pectoral fin. Plus Chromis look too much, well.... like a fish.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%

Back