Pyro's 29g Standard

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi nice looking tank,like the engineering,happy reefing :cool:

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@fishguy242 looks like y'all have some things in common!
i think different type of pyro;):p
WP_20200318_23_57_45_Pro.jpg

Reef Recked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually trying to actively keep some GHA in the sump. From my fight with Dinos, anytime I didn't have any GHA is when I would see them start to creep back, even when my nutrients were still on the high side PO4 .13-.16 and NO3 10-15. I think it out competes Dinos better than bacteria or macros. I'm running UV at night only so I'll see a few strings here and there sometimes, but no blooming. I do have to keep PO4 above .1 and NO3 above 5 or I see more. I have 4 Mexican Turbos and they take care of any GHA and anything else in the tank. I hope to see some updates on your tank soon!

Thanks buddy, i know i keep meaning to make some post updates just ALOT going on per usual. That and all of the struggles and ugly phase of the tank not helping motivate me but hopefully i can make an update this week or so, got some more goodies and finally getting everything back on track although still have some slight cyano and GHA i almost got completely rid of and is now coming back o_O. but im loving the tank per usual! especially that frammer lol keep it up! im curious to see how it plays out.

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks buddy, i know i keep meaning to make some post updates just ALOT going on per usual. That and all of the struggles and ugly phase of the tank not helping motivate me but hopefully i can make an update this week or so, got some more goodies and finally getting everything back on track although still have some slight cyano and GHA i almost got completely rid of and is now coming back o_O. but im loving the tank per usual! especially that frammer lol keep it up! im curious to see how it plays out.

Thanks. Yea this hobby can be a test of will sometimes. I would recommend getting the Mexican Turbos for the GHA for sure, if you haven't already. They're bulldozers but 2 cleaned my sump spotless in 2 days (after I removed the big clumps), too clean in fact. Good luck and glad to hear you're back on track!

Reef Recked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definetly going to have to grab some turbos and try them out, i only have trochus snails left but they actually recently started having alott of babies lol which is probably the only good unexpected thing to happen in my tank so far!

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definetly going to have to grab some turbos and try them out, i only have trochus snails left but they actually recently started having alott of babies lol which is probably the only good unexpected thing to happen in my tank so far!
Awesome! The first ones I had were breeding too. I was up to about 30 bd (before dinos). The new ones haven't yet but are still young.

OP
OP
Pyrosteve

Pyrosteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new friends arrived the other day. RG, Exquisite Firefish, Lubbock's Wrasse and Banded Goby. Firefish and Goby are replacements from loses from the Dino treatments and moving back and forth.

0728201910a.jpg

This is going to be tricky as I already have 2 clowns which rule the tank and a Flame Angel. I dug out my Acclimation box.

20200730_162116.jpg

The plan is to keep them in QT and add one fish to the box then tank per week and hopefully they can all get along. Fingers crossed!

This will add to the bioload and nutrients but I'm having trouble keeping them up and the dinos away. I'm only running my fuge and skimmer for 8 hrs at night to keep my PH up or it dips below 8.2. I'd like to run them more to keep it around 8.4 all the time. My other params are pretty solid since the AWC started running for the last few weeks
ALK 8.2
CAL 480
MG 1420
PO4 .09
NO3 10

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 61 74.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back