QST (Quick Security Technology) - AutoTop Off Feature

  • Thread starter Thread starter RaymondL
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RaymondL

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2022
Messages
989
Reaction score
354
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of purchasing an Autoaqua Smart ATO, which as they advertise has QST to detect pump or sensor failure from an auto top off disaster situation.

I can't find any information on what exactly this means and how it works.

Welcome any thoughts.
 
I was thinking of purchasing an Autoaqua Smart ATO, which as they advertise has QST to detect pump or sensor failure from an auto top off disaster situation.

I can't find any information on what exactly this means and how it works.

Welcome any thoughts.
Theres a function that detects failure to fill, a function that detects overfill and a function that cuts the pump off if it detects being filled longer than when its first plugged in.
It should be the same as xp aqua duetto iirc.
 
Theres a function that detects failure to fill, a function that detects overfill and a function that cuts the pump off if it detects being filled longer than when its first plugged in.
It should be the same as xp aqua duetto iirc.
Thanks - where did you find this information as I searched for a while to decipher what all the feature means.
 
I was thinking of purchasing an Autoaqua Smart ATO, which as they advertise has QST to detect pump or sensor failure from an auto top off disaster situation.

I can't find any information on what exactly this means and how it works.

Welcome any thoughts.
HI~ This is AUTOAQUA.
Thank you for interesting in our product. :)

We use QST for real-time protection against any failure situation.
For ATO, the controller will give a visual alert when it senses any other refilling time is 6 times longer than the first refilling time.
QST can detect the malfunction of the sensor or the controller, and the empty reservoir to avoid the pump running dry.
For example, if the first refilling time is 10 sec, it will alert when any other refilling time is over 60 sec.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further question or need any help~ :)
 
I have the AutoAqua Smart ATO. It's been very dependable. It does my top off plus auto water changes daily. Would never go back to manual water changes again!
 
HI~ This is AUTOAQUA.
Thank you for interesting in our product. :)

We use QST for real-time protection against any failure situation.
For ATO, the controller will give a visual alert when it senses any other refilling time is 6 times longer than the first refilling time.
QST can detect the malfunction of the sensor or the controller, and the empty reservoir to avoid the pump running dry.
For example, if the first refilling time is 10 sec, it will alert when any other refilling time is over 60 sec.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further question or need any help~ :)
Thanks - so if it refills 6x longer than anticipated, does the ATO shut off?
 
HI~ This is AUTOAQUA.
Thank you for interesting in our product. :)

We use QST for real-time protection against any failure situation.
For ATO, the controller will give a visual alert when it senses any other refilling time is 6 times longer than the first refilling time.
QST can detect the malfunction of the sensor or the controller, and the empty reservoir to avoid the pump running dry.
For example, if the first refilling time is 10 sec, it will alert when any other refilling time is over 60 sec.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further question or need any help~ :)
How do I reset that first refill timer. I swapped to a new tank and i need it to refill more water but it keeps stopping. Is there a way to reset the QST?
 
How do I reset that first refill timer. I swapped to a new tank and i need it to refill more water but it keeps stopping. Is there a way to reset the QST?
Hold the round button down until the screen flashes and then goes black. That will reset everything.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new