Qt for crabs and snails

  • Thread starter Thread starter uutank
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uutank

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
234
Reaction score
92
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new in the hobby just set up a tank. Am about to buy some hermits and snails. I know its better to qt, I’ve a qt tank but its for fishes and I don’t want to keep my inverts in it. As it’ll just delay my purchase of new fish by 76 days(I’ve to wait for their qt to complete in order to buy new fish).
So should I just buy a 30-40 litres plastic tub and add sand to it and make it as a qt for my inverts. Also how many water changes will it need if any. It might be stupid question but hey I’m new to the hobby don’t judge me lol[emoji14].
 
If your tank is now fallow, you can probably rinse well (with display water) and add them to the display if the fish are in quarantine 76 days. If you want to do it in a separate container I would just get some live sand, live rock and a 5-10 tank. Snails are going to need algae to eat, hermits are much easier to feed.
Test the invert QT tank every couple days for ammonia, feed sparingly and perform water changes as dictated by basic chemistry.
 
If your tank is now fallow, you can probably rinse well (with display water) and add them to the display if the fish are in quarantine 76 days. If you want to do it in a separate container I would just get some live sand, live rock and a 5-10 tank. Snails are going to need algae to eat, hermits are much easier to feed.
Test the invert QT tank every couple days for ammonia, feed sparingly and perform water changes as dictated by basic chemistry.

5-10 tank? Litres or gallons??
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new