QT rock, now what??

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried…. TB saltwater sent gorgeous rocks and sand. I am keeping it in a 29g tank to fallow and to catch anything I don’t want in my display. Not complaining, the rocks have some SPS (porites, maybe), sponges, dusters, and tons of coralline, and some macroalgae. What I didn’t expect is the tiny goby-looking fish, which is ruining the concept of fallow qt.

I saw the fish once but don’t expect to see it often. it is too small to find easily and even if I could remove it from the qt, it looks like a sand sifter (tiger??), so I’d have a hard time feeding it.

Thoughts on how to best proceed? Just observe for a month? Tank is getting some phyto to support pods, etc., so I suppose if it survives, I can feel better re no bad diseases….????

Stealthreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just proceed as you were.
If the fish has a disease that is spreadable its already on the rock too.

OP
OP
J

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also, I would avoid trying to get rid of all the undesirables. If these were my rock , i would ride along with it
Just observing to make sure there are no gorilla crabs or mantis shrimp (seen nothing since arrival), or nems I don’t want to put in my DT. The rest is perfectly fine.

OP
OP
J

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok this is as good as I can get with the dslr edited on the phone. Some sort of goby, only an inch or so long -at most. ID? It doesn’t look like a tiger.
_JAH1747.jpeg
_JAH1746.jpeg

OP
OP
J

JHSteepat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I’ll let ot grow for a month or two then put it into the dt with the rocks. Worried the hungry clowns, royal gramma or the on-the-way midas blenny will eat it.

Am I worried too much over this thing?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back